Friday, October 30, 2015

Isaiah Six Three

By I.M. Ulysses

I lay awake
On top of my bed
Knowing inside
The anger's not fled

Aroused in my anger
In a place of no peace
It bubbled inside me
Seeking release

Then came the day
We picked up our lives
And headed for home
To undo the lies

Here I was met
By the woman I hold
Above all others
In a world dark and cold

Two people apart 
Had now become one
And I thanked the Lord
For all that He had done

A heart full of anger
She quenched all my pain
And gave me a new one
That could love again

But it isn't over
My spirit's in flame
So I called to the Father
Whose Spirit remains

Why Lord above me
Can I not find rest
In the land of my birth
Where I have been blessed

Out of the storm He calls me
And His voice reaches down
Deep into my spirit
Whose presence is profound

My Word has been derided
And my children have all fled
The devil's on the warpath
And he wants them all dead

Awaken now to battle
Come meet your fate
Put on My holy armour
Rush ye to the gate

A trump sounds in heaven
And by it I arise
I look out the window
And see satan rise

Full of great of anger
The land, he devours
Destroying God's people
With demonic power

My head bows in silence
And weep for a while
Grieving the victims
Lost in my exile

Armed now for the battle
To this end was I made
Wearing His armour
I won't be dismayed

But I am too weak
And my strength's in the gutter
My sins are before me
There must be another

Watchman, awake!
The Father speaks out
I've made my servant
Let there be no more doubt

From heaven to earth
An angel comes down
Carrying God's torch
And with it a crown

These can't be for me
I cry from my bed
I'm a vile sinner
And I should be dead

The angel looks on
While I sit in terror
Awaiting God's word
On my sin and error

I died for you, son
The Lord says at last
Your sins are erased
From death you have passed

Take now this torch
And the crown that I give
Because you believed
I did you forgive

The torch it alights
On my sinful flesh
And the crown is set on
My weary head

I think of the devil
Who devours the land
Killing God's people
That lie in his hand

They're murdering truth
The Lord says to me
So go and tell them
Of my liberty

To them I sent you
Oh Watchman of God
Now gird up your strength
And speak to the lost

Awake in my bed
I feel the Lord's power
And know that my anger
Was zeal for His Hour

For this I was made
And in exile trained
To hold in my heart
His justice contained

Unto my homeland
His Judgement will fall
Unless they repent
And obey His Law

As it was said
By Isaiah 6-3
The Year of His vengeance
And of His redeemed

Upon us is coming
His fury and wrath
To purge all the evil
And set straight the path

Bow down all ye people
Acknowledge the Lord
Seek out Christ Jesus
And be ye reborn

For yet one more season
Will His wrath restrain
The judgment that's coming
Upon those who remain

Like the ancient Israelis
God's people must come
To Him who calls them
To be with His Son

Repent before Christ
The Father commands
Be cleansed by His blood
Is the price He demands

Go now my Watchman
Arise from your bed
The first battle's starting
By My Spirit be led

This was the burden
That lay on my heart
That all you from me
Know where to start

Seek ye the Lord
While He may be found
Or upon your own heads
His anger abounds

End your perversions
Cease your great sins
The Lord He cares not
For those you vote in

The Lord sets up kings
And then brings them down
He raises the weak
And to them gives crowns

So guard now your tongues
The Lord is at hand
He's tired of your lies
That fills up the land

Husbands and wives
Their children also
Are blessed of the Lord
When His will they do

But as for the others
Who say evil's good
Who pander to men
Instead of God's Word

Upon them, He'll come
With anger at last
Sending them to
Where sinners are cast

For they would not listen
When His word was read
Trusting in men
Who'll one day be dead

Such is their fate
And what is in store
For those who mock God
Now, as before

But let those who are wise
In His Word, believe
And your head He'll crown
With His Victory

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home