Friday, April 24, 2020

Home To You

Marion days before I proposed
Home, To You
By I.M. Ulysses

I told you before
And meant it well
That I would return
With you to dwell

No power could stop me
No force had been born
That could me defeat
And leave you forlorn

You're my beloved
My bride and my life
When I swore on that Sunday
That I'd make you my wife

Home to you always
I promised that day
And eighteen months later
God created a way

An altar from war
We were wed on that field
Where many years past
An enemy did yield

Pushed to the cliffs
Of little Queenston
His energies spent
A great victory won

So also us
Two hundred years later
When we vowed our love
Would always be greater

And now here we are
Nine years beyond
Right after she said YES
Since the day that I gave you
My most sacred bond

We're still together
Our lives testimony
To the power of God
Whose grace makes us holy

Safe in His arms
Our burdens He carry's
Since the day that we prayed
Our lives to make merry

For I was once dead
But you made me alive
On that hill where I'd go
And with God, I'd strive

Whole and complete
I will never tire
Of loving you always
Or your love desire

You are my strength
My spirit, my soul
The one person who can
Make me feel whole

So don't ever doubt
The words that I say
In this cheesy poem
I rewrote today

It's meant as a gift
Something a bit dandy
To help you remember
That Easter Sunday
First engagement photo

A lot has transpired
And more we'll go through
But no matter what
I'll ALWAYS come home, to you.

For my bride, Marion, on the 9th anniversary of our engagement, April 24, 2012

2 Comments:

At April 24, 2020 at 9:06 AM , Blogger Moe Daoust said...

Very touching Steve! Well done.

 
At May 4, 2020 at 3:30 PM , Blogger I.M. Ulysses said...

Thanks Moe. I'm a cheesy poet. Maybe one day I'll be a 'good cheesy poet' too :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home